Wood Wharf Park
Canary Wharf, London
Frosts are pleased to have been awarded a 2013 national BALI landscaping award for the Wood Wharf Project in the Soft Landscaping £300k - £1.5m category.
The remit of the works was to transform a previously cleared 1970s warehouse site paved with tarmac into a temporary park with a lifespan of two to four years. Initially the park was a venue to celebrate the 2012 Olympics and Paralympics and it hosted an array of super yachts visiting 2012 events. Subsequently it will be a venue for relaxation, entertainment, temporary markets and sports. Works consisted of :
• 4500m2 of Arena Turf with bespoke raised edging detail.
• 1300m2 of Herbaceous Border Planting.
• 700m Timber Sleeper Dwarf Planter Walling.
• 51 Semi-Mature Trees.
• 10,000 Herbaceous shrubs & clipped Taxus hedging.
• 14 Bespoke benches.
• Re-use of 16 mature trees (Tilia) in steel planters & 600 Buxus hedging.
• Installation of 32 Sun Canopies.
• Street furniture, including benches, litter bins, Tree Planter Boxes & lamp columns.
• Eight miles of drip-line Irrigation.
- Canary Wharf Ltd
- March 2012 - July 2012
- Main Contractor
- Canary Wharf Contractors Ltd
- Landscape Architect
- Townshend Landscape Architects